Jim Frank Jennings
Sergeant, Army of the United States
E CO, 2ND BN, 5TH CAVALRY, 1 CAV DIV
16 May 1948 - 20 June 1969
Jim Frank Jennings is on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Panel 22W Line 098.
14 Oct 2005
Jim was a true Hero who gave his life for freedom everywhere.
His Platoon Sergeant Mick DeHeart said of Jim
"If he was afraid of anything,
I'm sure I didn't know what it was"
He lived life to the fullest, as if he knew he would never grow old.
Jim, I long for those good old days when the 4 of us
thought life would go on forever.
I miss you, buddy.
A Note from The Virtual Wall
Sergeant Jim Jennings was one of six men from 2nd Battalion, 5th Cavalry, killed in action at Landing Zone Ike on 20 June 1969:
- CPT John De Mey, Annapolis, MD, "D" Company
- SGT Jim F. Jennings, Panguitch, UT, "E" Company
- SP4 Keith Olsen, Kelso, WA, HHC (Medic)
- PFC Craig H. Hansen, Soda Springs, ID, "D" Company
- PFC Loren H. Larson, Leonardville, KS, "E" Company
- PFC Joseph J. Goetzer, New York, NY, HHC (Medic)
The point-of-contact for this memorial is
Michael J Evans
The database page for Jim Frank Jennings
To alpha index J
UT State Index
5TH CAV RGT Index
14 Oct 2005
Last updated 11/13/2010