Melvin Lewis Rimel
K CO, 3RD BN, 26TH MARINES, 3RD MARDIV
United States Marine Corps
16 May 1934 - 21 January 1968
Panel 35E Line 009
The database page for Melvin Lewis Rimel
To my loving husband,
now a grandfather and great-grandfather.
We had four beautiful children together,
We all love him very much and miss him more. We know he is in a better place and know we will join him some day.
- Deann Sue Rimel Leddy Kelly, who had three beautiful children
- Jennifer Marie Leddy Billiot, who has three beautiful children -
* Katelyn Marie,
* Ashley Nicole, and
* Ethan Thomas;
- James Richard and
- Sarah Beth Kelly.
- Melvin Lewis Rimel, Jr
- Deborah Darlene Rimel Scroggs Cox, who had three beautiful children:
Deb was also in the Army for five years, three months, and 21 days. (Ha! Ha!)
- Lester Patrick Serman, who is in the Marine Corps;
- Crystal Marie Scroggs, who is in the Navy; and
- Demi Ann Cox.
- Anna Marie Rimel Ray who has one son, David Micheal Bercker.
He has joined God's army of angels.
Love and God keep you safe always
Your loving wife and family forever.
Gunnery Sergeant Melvin Rimel
was killed on Hill 861
during the seige of Khe Sanh.
He was buried on 21 January 1968 in
St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery,
Milton, Rock County, Wisconsin.
With all respect
Jim Schueckler, former CW2, US Army
Ken Davis, Commander, United States Navy (Ret)